Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tikka Chicken Masala #food

The other day I received and email from my friend and Randy Norman. He was my boss if you will from OM restaurant. He asked if I had a recipe for Tikka chicken for another friend of his having a birthday below is the  recipe. 
 
Hey Randy,

here is a recipe:
Tikka chicken Masala 

Marinade
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground coriander 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons salt, or to taste

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cube bites

Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 thai chillies or jalapeno pepper, finely chopped. Thai chili is better
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce or diced tomato purée half ( I prefer this)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro


Marinade chicken 30 minutes to 24 hours

You can skewer chicken  


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment