Monday, December 13, 2010

My Fondest Memory Involving Food

I was about 9 and I had this little baking book for kids, at the time a lot of working parents or single mom's left there kids home alone my brother was 5 and he was at the neighbor ladies. I was going threw the cook book and found an oatmeal cookie recipe, an Idea popped into my head to make it and surprise my mother when she got home. I put every thing together and even preheated the oven. Here's the thing I didn't understand what I was reading in fact when I was in 7th grade I they had discovered I had a reading ability of a 2nd grader, so you can imagine. Well I put those cookies in and baked them I watched them like a hawk because I wanted nothing to go wrong and nothing did they came out perfect. When my mother got home I presented them to her with a huge smile, only to be crushed because she told me that she didn't like oatmeal... she must of saw it in my face so she tried one in fact she had more than one and to this day my oatmeal cookie is the only oatmeal cookie she will eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment